The following schedule changes will be effective beginning Monday, June 5, 2023:
Allentown/Clinton Eastbound to New York Schedule:
- New Run 133 with departures beginning at 6:00 a.m. from the William Penn Park & Ride, Monday-Friday
- New Run 145 with departures beginning at 6:00 a.m. from the Allentown Transportation Center (ATC), Monday-Friday
- Run 173 with departures beginning at 9:55 a.m. from Allentown Transportation Center (ATC) will now be Monday-Friday service
- Please check schedules for adjustments to stop locations and times on various runs.
Allentown/Clinton Westbound from New York Schedule:
- New Run 104 departing the Port Authority Bus Terminal at 10:00 a.m., Monday-Friday, including a stop at Newark Airport at 10:30 a.m.
- New Run 160 departing the Port Authority Bus Terminal at 5:50 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Run 176 departing the Port Authority Bus Terminal at 8:00 p.m. will now be Monday-Friday service
- Please check schedules for adjustments to stop locations, times, and gate numbers on various runs.
Doylestown/Flemington Schedules – Weekend Service Resumes:
- New Eastbound to New York Run 301 with departures beginning at 8:20 a.m. from Doylestown, PA, Saturday & Sunday
- New Westbound from New York Run 308 departing the Port Authority Bus Terminal at 6:00 p.m., Saturday & Sunday
Wall Street Schedules:
- New Eastbound to New York Run 407 with departures beginning at 5:3o a.m. from Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE), Monday-Thursday
- New Westbound from New York Run 404 with departures beginning at 4:45 p.m. from Water & Wall, Monday-Thursday
- Several run numbers on the Allentown/Clinton/New York Schedules have been renumbered for consistency. Some numbers will remain the
same, and some will be the same but correspond to different routes. Please be mindful of your new run number for the route you use.
- Schedules have a cleaner, easy-to-read look for passenger reference.
In order to be consistent with our schedules, we have renumbered most runs on our Allentown/Clinton/New York Schedules.
This will be effective beginning Wednesday, May 31.
Please note that some numbers will remain the same, and some will be the same but correspond to different routes. Please be mindful of your new run number for the route you use. If you already have a ticket with an old run number, our ticketing system will automatically update it to the new run number for travel on May 31 and onwards.
Trans-Bridge Lines is resuming Pier Transportation to the Cape Liberty Cruise Port beginning Monday, June 5.
All Pier Transportation service requires advance reservations. We suggest making reservations at least two weeks prior to departure, but no earlier than
six months in advance.
To reserve pier service and parking permit (if applicable), please call 610-868-6001, ext. 93, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., closed weekends.
Trans-Bridge Lines will operate with regular schedules on Saturday, May 27, and Sunday, May 28, 2023.
On Monday, May 29, we will run Saturday schedules.
We will begin transitioning to our reservation-based system starting Monday, April 3, with our Doylestown/Flemington Schedules.
In order to prepare yourself for traveling with us under a reservation-based system, please be mindful of these key points:
- Schedule your pass for the exact run you are taking.
- Reservations offer confirmed seating on the bus, but not a particular seat.
- If you cannot make your scheduled run, you are expected to reschedule the ticket or it becomes null and void after the original run date.
(There will be an extended grace period during this transition period, however, One-Way and Round-Trip tickets will no longer be valid for six months.)
- Commuter Passes will still be afforded unlimited reschedulings without processing fees. If a commuter does not reschedule a booked boarding pass within 16 hours of their original booking, they will need to contact our Customer Service Department for assistance at 610-868-6001.
Note: Our office is not open on weekends.
- Commuter Passes will continue to be valid for the same periods of time, depending on the number of trips purchased.
– 30 calendar days on 10 and 20-trip passes.
– 33 calendar days on 30-trip passes.
– 34 calendar days on 40-trip passes.
- Standby passengers arriving without a ticket will have the opportunity to purchase their ticket online via their smartphone if seats are available after boarding booked passengers. Otherwise, they will need to purchase a ticket for the next available bus.
Service to JFK Airport remains suspended
Follow us on Twitter at @TransBridgeBus for service updates.